Every successful business has three things in its strategy:
Whether you are a national airline like British Airways or Air New Zealand, a for-purpose organisation like Waipuna Hospice, a small business like DiveZone Tauranga or a solopreneur like Bras And Briefs Expert, Kamni Raju-Russel, there are three things you need to consider in your strategy:
- Commercial Responsibility
- Customer Value
These are “The 3C’s” of organisation performance.
Here’s the thing. It is not just about finding balance, although that does help. A three-legged stool works because there is tension between the three legs. Learning to harness that tension is the key to high performance.
“The thing for me is recognising that, as a business leader, you have a responsibility to lead a company for the future, leaving it in a better place in five, 10, 15, or 20 years’ time. My job is to make sure that commercials are strong, the customer experience is great, the culture of the organisation is constantly improving.”Christopher Luxon, Previous CEO of Air New Zealand
“Modern port “turn arounds” don’t simply focus on one metric…. We are focusing on turning the port around from commercial, cultural and customer perspective, not simply from a speed perspective.”Roger Gray, CEO Ports of Auckland
“Let me review what we have agreed on. We agreed that we should, ‘Make money now as well as in the future,’ ‘Provide a secure and satisfying environment for employees now as well as in the future,’ and ‘Provide satisfaction to the market now as well as in the future.’ The first one represents the traditional view of people who own companies. The second is the traditional view of the unions, the employees’ representatives. And the third expresses the message that all new management methods are zealously advocating. We, as top managers, must make sure that our companies provide all of them.”Eliyahu Goldratt, A passage from his book “It’s Not Luck”
Discover how to leverage the tension between the 3C’s to deliver high performance.
It takes Strategy, Leadership and Team Performance.
Over the past 20 years, Karl Perry, founder of YourThinkingCoach.com, has worked across the globe with clients who are seeking to become High-Performance Organisations.
He developed the High Performance through Engagement Strategy (HPtE Strategy®) to provide a road map that supports clients with strategic guidance and a communication tool as they implement their High Performance Engagement initiative.
High Performance through Engagement is about Strategy, Leadership and Team Performance. The heart of High Performance through Engagement is involving people in problem solving. More specifically, involving the people closest to the problem who have the experience, knowledge and intuition to discover innovative solutions.
The key to sustainable high performance is finding synergy between Commercial Responsibility, Customer Value and a constructive Culture.
The High Performance through Engagement Strategy (HPtE Strategy®) provides a road map that supports clients with strategic guidance and a communication tool as they implement their High-Performance Engagement initiative.
- It clearly explains the tension between Commercial Responsibility, Customer Value and Culture.
- Shows the current reality when there is conflict and tension between the 3C’s
- Shows you the future reality when you harness that tension
- Explains the 7 levels of transformation that are the HPtE Strategy®.
Learn more about a High Performance through Engagement Strategy
Leadership plays a vital role in creating an environment for sustainable high performance.
Our proprietary coaching programmes MYMindset®, MYLeadership® and MYLeadership® – 360° are designed to accelerate leadership development.
We start with the world-class psychological assessments from Human Synergistics International as a foundation, the Life-Style Inventory™. Then we use a proprietary approach that draws from a wide range of research breakthroughs in psychology, philosophy, sociology, business and productivity.
- MYMindset® – Master Your Mindset is our foundation personal programme. After your self-assessment with the Life-Style Inventory™, you will develop three objectives and a personal strategy that will accelerate your development and growth.
- MYLeadership® – Master Your Leadership is our foundation leadership programme. After your self-assessment with the Life-Style Inventory™, you will get feedback from up to eight others who know you. We’ll do a gap analysis, then you will develop three objectives and a personal strategy that will accelerate your development and growth.
- MYLeadership® – 360° – Master Your Leadership 360° is our corporate leadership programme. After your self-assessment with the Life-Style Inventory™, you will get feedback from up to twelve others you work with. Your higher-level manager, your peers or associates and your direct reports provide you with a 360° perspective on your behaviour. We’ll do a gap analysis, then you will develop three objectives and a personal strategy that will accelerate your development and leadership growth.
Conflict between people is the biggest obstacle to high performance. Teach people to harness conflict and use it to their advantage.
Learn the science and art of high-performance teams:
- Team workshops on the critical success factors for group effectiveness and decision-making.
- Creating customised ground rules to guide constructive group behaviour no matter how diverse your team is.
- Facilitation and training in Interest Based Problem Solving – one of the few problem-solving methods that consider the “interests” of multiple stakeholders.
- Facilitation and training in the Theory of Constraints Thinking Process – a powerful method to harness tension and access your inherent potential.
- A world-class assessment through the Group Styles Inventory™ from Human Synergistics International.
- Simulation exercises so your team can safely practice their new skills before working on real problems.
High Performance through Engagement…
“I’ve had the absolute pleasure of working alongside Karl as we introduced a more collaborative workplace across Air New Zealand. Karl has a unique and extremely valuable skill set within the philosophy and practical implementation of High Performance Engagement.
He has rich and real capabilities in this space to think and engage strategically with internal and external stakeholders, build effective and improved working relationships, and facilitate workshops & training sessions across all levels of complex organisations.
His toolbox and methods, combined with his deep understanding of human and organisational psychology, enable him to be a trusted & impartial partner and advisor.
I would absolutely recommend Karl to any organisation serious about creating a High Performance Engagement workplace.“Patrick Behrendt – General Manager of Continuous Improvement | Operations Research and PMO – Air New Zealand
Teams have experienced being facilitated by YourThinkingCoach and know what it feels like to be a High Performance Team.
Of the clients who hire YourThinkingCoach use the services again and/or refer to other groups.
Years is how long YourThinkingCoach has been facilitating, mediating, training, coaching, speaking and consulting.
Want to learn more?
Explore this site for topics by using the search function or use the categories in the sidebar to narrow your focus.
We regularly write about Strategy, Leadership and Team Performance. Add your email to subscribe and receive new content as it is published:
Arrange a 30-minute video call to discover The 3C’s Model and the HPtE Strategy®: